Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Idea 21 - Even More Corrections

The Corrections was a big deal, right? I know the author rejected Oprah's endorsement, which is cool, although I don't know why I think it's cool.

If I could only come up with a similarly medium-paced novel about upper-middle-class siblings with middle-class problems... wait a second...

A sequel. Even More Corrections.

When we rejoin Gary, the Type A older brother, he's now struggling to diversify his investment portfolio to take advantage of emerging economies. But he can't because his dad wasn't affectionate enough...

The talented-but-snakebit sister, Denise, is struggling to make her Match.com profile more appealing, but she can't because her mom wasn't affectionate enough...

Brother Chip, the failed English professor, is struggling to overcome chronic migraines, but he can't, because he has a severe pollen allergy...

I'd just like to say up front that I officially accept Oprah's impending endorsement.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds exactly like the kind of crap a shrink actually would say. They're great!

    ReplyDelete